The latest developments and advancements in the automotive industry are driving the innovations that are growing the car industry.
Cars have become more than transportation. They have become the focal point of energy efficiency and climate issues. They have become multimedia studios and of course the thing that gets us from point A to point B.
Because of this, innovations are driving the industry. New technologies and ideas that advance automobiles’ design, performance, and efficiency are forcing the automotive industry to rapidly change.
Electric cars, enhanced vehicle connectivity, and complex automotive ecosystems are just some keys of automotive industry trends.
At SMI, we have positioned our company to be ready to adapt to all the changes in the rapidly evolving automobile industry. We are the world’s most comprehensive specialty components fabricator, and a global leader in die cut solutions. Our diversified manufacturing technologies have allowed us to service the OEM Lithium Ion battery (energy) and electric vehicle markets with a wide range of solutions.
Here are some of the new trends:
- Customized Vehicles with WebGL: Web browsing and navigation based on virtual 3D reality experiences.
- 3D Web Applications: With more consumers spending time online, providing an immersive experience – beyond traditional 2D graphics has become essential. The use of tools such as Unity, Play Canvas, and PixiJS allows companies to create 3D graphics. This way, develop websites that resemble a virtual world.
- Enhanced Vehicle Connectivity: Offers integrating technology into vehicles, allowing them to establish communication channels with drivers and the external environment.
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems: ADAS is a collection of technologies intended to enhance driver comfort and safety. One of the ADAS solutions is lane keeping which uses cameras or sensors to identify lane departure.
- Predictive Maintenance: Predictive maintenance technology utilizes AI and machine learning algorithms to predict when a vehicle requires maintenance. This allows for timely repairs before significant issues arise. The technology can also analyze large amounts of data to identify patterns and provide insights into vehicle performance. This way, it enables manufacturers to improve their products and reduce costs.
- Enhanced Electric Vehicles: Extend the useable lifetime of these vehicles as much as possible by creating more storage and longer life batteries.
Electric car sales are expected to continue strongly through 2023 and into 2024. Over 2.3 million electric cars were sold in the first quarter of 2023, about 25% more than in the same period last year. It is currently expected that electric vehicles will reach 14 million in sales by the end of 2023, representing a 35% year-on-year increase with new purchases accelerating in the second half of this year. As a result, electric cars could account for 18% of total car sales across the full calendar year. Projected demand for electric cars in major car markets will have profound implications on energy markets and climate goals in the current policy environment.
With SMI’s expansion we are ready to meet the demand and the future making us an industry leader for the highly specific needs of the electric vehicle market. Through process design and effects analysis, statistical control of variation, and team-oriented problem solving, we aggressively pursue improvements to our quality system and have brought our manufacturing systems to an unparalleled level of performance.
From electric cars to driverless vehicles, the future promises exciting advances in the automotive sector. We supply finished components manufactured from foams, elastomers, composites, films, high-performance gasket materials, graphite, mica and plastics, as well as pressure sensitive tapes, adhesives, and other specialty materials. Through long-term partnerships with leading raw material manufactures, we have access to the most cutting-edge materials at very competitive prices.
Seal Methods Inc. has been manufacturing High Performance Aftermarket engine and drive train gaskets since 1974! These products have always been at the core of our business, and we remain a leader in the manufacturing, private labeling, and kitting of these components – all built to our customers’ exacting specifications.
Our team of highly skilled professionals have focus on training and an increase awareness so we can look into the future to better achieve our goals.
To contact us, please click here